Wednesday, April 9, 2008
If you have idlis remaining, this is the best way to consume it.
Idli:4 Break idlis to real tiny pieces.
Vegetables of your choice: 1/2 to 3/4th cup chopped and boiled. I generally use peas, beans and carrots.
onion: 1 medium chopped
Green Chillies: 2 chopped
Tomato: 1/2 medium
Cilantro or coriander leaves: as required
Turmeric: 1 heavy pinch
Idli podi: 1/2 tbsp (optional)
salt as required
mustard seeds: 1/4 tbsp
urad dhal:1/5 tbsp
channa dhal:1/4 tbsp
oil: 2-3 tbsp
1) Add oil in the pan and after the oil heats up, add all the seasoning stuff and turmeric
2) After mustard splutters, add onions and fry until it becomes transparent
3) Add tomatoes,chillies, boiled vegetables. Fry until tomatoes becomes soft.
4) Simmer it and add Idli pieces. Sprinkle idli podi and salt
5) Mix everything and leave it for 2-3 minutes